“Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it, too?”–Douglas Adams
There’s great news for all you blogging enthusiasts just clamoring to be nominated for one of the many chain letters–er, blog awards that are circulating around the net. It’s the newly minted Douglas Adams Award and all you have to do, if nominated is:
- Tell what six time seven equals.
- Tell what the square root of 1764 is.
- Tell what the cube root of 74,088 is.
- Tell what the name of the Jackie Robinson biopic is.
- Tell what number I am thinking of right now.**
- Nominate 6 other bloggers for the award.
- Repeat the above six steps seven times without nominating any given blogger more than once.
Got it? Do all this and you are a winner. By my calculations, after ten full iterations within the blogosphere, no fewer than 17 quadrillion of these accolades will have been distributed. Everyone wins more times than they can possibly count; even your pet newt wins. Who wants to be first? In the meantime , I am plotting my next old fashioned BLAHS, which is bestowed upon one measly blogger at a time. How 20th century lame is that?
(**Sorry. You’re wrong. I was thinking of 9 3/4)